Looking to catch the eye of potential new customers? The design and layout of your WooCommerce shop page is one of the most important things to get right.
It needs to be attractive, show your products off, and it also needs to be user-friendly so that your customers find it easy to navigate.
However, a WooCommerce shop page is a pre-designed component of your store and, as such, it doesn’t have a built-in editor that can be used to change how it looks. But, this doesn’t mean it’s impossible to change it…
Below, we’ll look at how to edit a WooCommerce shop page in four easy steps. This will give you the ability to change how it looks, feels, and, more importantly, increase your chances of attracting customers.
What is a WooCommerce Shop Page?
To put it in the simplest terms possible, a WooCommerce shop page is the place where you display your range of products.
This is essential for any business and it gives your customers a clear picture of what it is you’re selling.
Why Should You Edit a WooCommerce Shop Page?
Before any customer adds a product to their online shopping cart and hands over their hard-earned money, they want to feel as though they are buying from a professional business. And, to give them this impression, your shop page needs to look professional.
It’s the same principle as walking into a physical store to buy something. If the products are arranged neatly, easy to find, and look appealing, you’re more likely to purchase something. If they were hidden away behind a closed door, you wouldn’t know what it is you’re looking at.
Having a well-thought-out, professional-looking, clear WooCommerce shop page also gives you the opportunity to brand your business and give it a good reputation.
If a customer finds it aesthetically pleasing and easy to use, they are more likely to recommend your business to other people.
Editing your WooCommerce shop page so that it is better designed and you have better product descriptions will give it better SEO (search engine optimization) results as well, which will further increase your chances of getting more sales.
How to Edit WooCommerce Shop Page in 4 Easy Steps
- Create a brand new page: The first thing you need to do is create your new page. This page will be your new WooCommerce shop page. To make it easier to find, you can name this page whatever you want, although something like “Store” is probably the best idea.
- Design & Customize your Woocommerce shop page: Now you’ve built your Woocommerce shop page, you can begin designing it and customizing it. Storefront Blocks and WooCommerce Blocks are the best tools for this. These will allow you to add relevant sections and product categories. You’ll also be able to layout your WooCommerce shop page in any way you want.
- Set your new WooCommerce shop page as your default shop page: Again, using the Storefront Blocks plugin, set your WooCommerce shop page as your default shop page. This is easy to do by going to your website’s dashboard, then selecting “WooCommerce / Settings / Products”. Once you’re in this section, you’ll see the option to set your new shop page as the default. Doing this will bring up a new option - “Custom Shop Page Redirect”. Select this, then simply pick your new WooCommerce shop page out of the drop-down menu.
- Add your new WooCommerce shop page to your menu: You now need to go to “Dashboard / Appearance / Menus”. Remove your old WooCommerce shop page and replace it with your new one. You can also set your new shop page as your site’s homepage here, making it the first thing that your customers see.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your website will have a fully customized WooCommerce shop page that is appealing and easy to navigate.
As you can see, it’s fairly easy to do as well, so it’s something that is definitely worth doing if you want to boost your sales and give your brand that professional look.
Editing Tips for Boosting WooCommerce Shop Page Sales
When you’re editing your WooCommerce shop page, the look at the feel of the page are the two most important things to pay attention to. However, there are a few extra things you can add to it to help boost sales.
- Add a sales countdown: This is a great way to advertise a sale and encourage visitors to your site to purchase before time runs out. This is really easy to do using Storefront Blocks, which will allow you to set text, dates, and start your countdown.
- Add a flipbook: Adding a flipbook to your Woocommerce shop page allows you to showcase your products. It also makes it much easier for your customers to quickly navigate through the different styles and colors of a certain product. Again, this can be easily done using Storefront Blocks.
- Add customer reviews and star ratings: Many people rely on the opinion of past customers before purchasing a product. By adding a customer reviews and star-ratings section to your WooCommerce shop page, you can give people the opportunity to testify to how fantastic your products are. In turn, you’ll be encouraging new customers to purchase.
- Zoom in on product details: If you’re selling products with fine details, such as jewelry, you can use Storefront Blocks to zoom in on your products. This will allow your customer to hover over an image to give a closer, or alternative, view of it.
- Add a product table: This gives your customers the ability to purchase multiple items without navigating through different tabs. They can also change the quantity of the item they’d like to buy without having to add it to their cart multiple times.
As you can see, you don’t have to be a technical wizard to edit a WooCommerce shop page. You don't even need to have a basic knowledge of coding.
All you need to do is use a couple of great plugins, let them do the hard work for you, and, before you know it, you’ll have a well-designed WooCommerce shop page and your sales will increase.